The mission of the Okeene Public Library is to provide quality materials and services which fulfill educational, informational, cultural, and recreational needs of the entire community in an atmosphere that is welcoming, respectful, and businesslike.
The general library goals of the Okeene Public Library shall be:
- To serve all residents of the community and the surrounding region.
- To acquire and make available to these residents such books, periodicals, pamphlets, digital resources, and other services as will address their needs to become well informed, locate answers to important questions, cultivate the imagination and creative expression and enjoy leisure by means of reading and other services.
- To acquire the means to provide the most frequently requested material locally and upon demand.
- To maintain a program of service which locates information, guides reading, organizes materials for people of various backgrounds, and stimulates thinking and intellectual development in individuals of any age.
- To strive consistently to discover new methods and improvements for better service for the library’s patrons.
- To review regularly these goals of the Okeene Public Library and, if necessary, revise then in the light of new developments.