Access to the Internet is available to all patrons; however, this service may be restricted at any time for use not consistent with the guidelines. Parents of minor children must assume responsibility for their children’s use of the library’s Internet service; prior to being granted access to the Internet, anyone under 18 years of age, along with a parent or guardian, must sign the Internet Use Agreement. The library’s content filter will only be removed for those patrons 18 years or older. Patrons maybe asked to show a photo ID as proof of age. All users must sign the log-in sheet prior to beginning their 30 minute session.
- Users may use the Internet for research and the acquisition of information to address their educational, vocational, cultural, and recreational needs.
- Users may use the Internet for the receipt and transmission of e-mail as long as they use a free e-mail service which will establish and maintain an account for them; the library is unable to manage e-mail accounts for any organizations or individuals.
- Internet use is offered in thirty (30) minute sessions on a first-come, first-served basis; each user is allowed one session-if there is no patron waiting for the service at the end of a session, the user can have another session, but once having had the service for 30 minutes the user must abandon use of the Internet if another patron requests use of the service.
- Users will respect and uphold copyright laws and all other applicable laws and regulations; they will not use the library Internet service for illegal purposes.
- Users will respect the rights and privacy of others by not accessing private files.
- Users agree not to incur any costs for the library through their use of the Internet service.
- Users shall not create and/or distribute computer viruses over the Internet.
- Users shall not deliberately or willfully cause damage to computer equipment, programs, or parameter.